Nartugan, Bırthday of Sun Festıval
Istanbul International Nartugan Film Festival (IINFF) is a festival that welcomes all groups/communities, old and new, that form the sun ritual cultures.
Language and Social Identity are, obviously, two of the most fundamental elements of this culture. Old and new all societies that adopted Sun Culture show surprising similarities both in these two fields and in their way of life. We aim to organise an annual international festival to celebrate the oldest known sun culture in the world, Turks and their language Turkish at a time that would correspond to Her Nartugan.
With the help of cinema, we desire to create a cultural unity between the people who speak the first Sun language Turkish and its dialects, wherever they may be.
In short, we invite all films that are concerned with American Aboriginals, Shamanism, Paganism, their language, culture, social life and above all else films that are made by people who think in Turkish.
In addition to these, we are also ready to screen any film in any language as long as they have subtitles in Turkish and English.
Films that will be accepted:
- Any films in Turkish or its dialects, regardless of genre and topic
- Any films made by American Aboriginals, or films concerned with them and their cultures, as long as they have subtitles in Turkish and English
- Any films concerned with Shamanism or similar sun rituals, as long as they have subtitles in Turkish and English
- Regardless of their nationality, mother tongue, culture, religion, any films made by people who think and produce in Turkish or it dialects, as long as they have subtitles in Turkish and English
Best Film Script
Best Short Film Director
Best Short Film
Best Documentary Director
- Our festival is free of application or admission fee. It will be free for 3 more years
- Unfortunately, at present, we are not in a position to give financial rewards to any award winners.